Schedule A: Rules pertaining to Fires
Terms & Conditions of Rideau Lake Township Regarding Fires
"Open-Air Burning" shall not take place unless:
1) it has been “approved” (Burn Permit), or
2) it is a small, confined “Campfire” or “Cooking Fire” that:
a) is used solely for the purposes of cooking food, providing warmth or recreational enjoyment, and
b) has a maximum flame size of 1 m X 1 m X 1 m (3 ft X 3 ft X 3 ft), and
c) is supervised at all times.
1. The permit holder agrees to all the rules and regulations in the "Open-Air Burning By-Law", and which are not limited to only those which appear on this permit.
2. The permit holder agrees to notify the Rideau Lakes Fire Department prior to any burning, (including an Approved Incinerator Fire) using the phone number provided on this Permit.
3. The permit holder assumes full responsibility when conducting "Open-Air Burning", including Fire Department service costs if the fire gets out of control.
4. No person shall cause to be burned more than one (1) pile, container, etc. at any one time.
5. No person shall cause to be burned any pile with a fuel size greater than 3 m x 3 m x 3 m (10 ft x 10 ft x 10 ft).
6. No fire shall be started or maintained when the weather conditions prevent the ready dispersion of smoke.
7. No fire shall be started or maintained when the wind is in excess of 25 km/hr, or when it may result in any “Adverse Effect” or “Dangerous Condition”.
8. No person shall cause to be burned any “Household Waste” or “Prohibited Materials”.
9. Open-Air Burning" must be supervised by a competent person at all times.
10. No Open-Air Burning shall take place during the daytime hours (8am to 6pm) of the “Fire Season” (April 1 to October 31) as detailed in the By-Law.
11. No Open-Air Burning shall take place during a “Fire Ban”.
12. The Municipal Act, 2001, authorizes the recovery of costs related to the violation of these provisions.
Permit may be revoked at any time by the Fire Chief or his/her designate for failure to comply with the regulations of the By-Law, or for any unsafe practices.
NOTIFY YOUR NEIGHBOURS PRIOR TO ANY OPEN BURNING